The average teacher spends ten hours a week or more on planning, preparing lessons, and grading, according to national surveys. With the average teacher working 54 hours per week, curriculum overload continuing to rise, and teacher job satisfaction hitting all-time lows, districts need to figure out how to give teachers time back.
Online, easy-to-use curriculum tools can be a great time-saving option for overworked teachers. Your district or school can help teachers cut down a lot of the prep and grading work they do today.
How Online Curriculum Tools Save Teachers Time
Pre-Made Online Lessons
Most online curriculum tools and courses come with digital lessons that teachers can customize or use as-is. Depending on the tool, teachers get built-in texts, videos, lesson plans, and activities all in one place. That means they don’t have to scramble to put together a lesson.
Some online curriculum tools emphasize having multiple learning modalities for each lesson. For example, at Yeti Academy, our courses use the 7E learning model to cover different stages and styles of learning:
- Engage: Warm-up assignments designed to introduce new ideas and get students interested.
- Explain: Texts and illustrations that explain the facts, cover new vocabulary, and come with questions that can be used as assignments or discussion topics.
- Empower: Digital flashcards and a timed quiz that gives students the opportunity to practice the vocabulary, facts, and details from each lesson.
- Elaborate: Hands-on activities, labs, group activities, or other activities that give students practical experience with the subject matter.
- Evaluate: A graded self-assessment with immediate feedback and teacher reports.
- Explore: Articles, videos, and career connections that let students probe deeper and explore real-world applications — an ideal option for early finishers.
- Enrich: An additional project-based or hands-on approach to learning which may include conducting research, preparing a presentation, or otherwise digging deeper.
Automatic Grading and Progress Tracking
Feedback is an important part of the learning process. With an online curriculum tool, it’s much easier to give real-time feedback. Teachers can use built-in or customized quizzes and activities that are automatically graded, which helps them save time on grading.
Some of these tools also have built-in reporting features that show students’ progress beyond graded activities. For example, Yeti Academy’s reporting tools can show which activities students completed, how well they did, and how much time students have spent inside the platform.
Easy Set-up and Integration With the LMS
Yeti Academy lets you use registration, rostering, and single sign on with a variety of LMS tools. We can work with Google Classroom, ClassLink, .csv uploads, and other LMS options.
We also have plenty of customer support options, including a world-class success team teachers can call during school hours. We have a video library to help teachers get started and a comprehensive solution center.
All the Teacher Resources In One Place
At Yeti Academy, we’ve worked to create the most teacher-friendly curriculum possible. Our online curriculum tool comes with over 1,000 teacher resources that can be printed or used in their electronic format. We’ve tailored these resources to our lessons and made them easy to find and use.
Our online curriculum tool comes with all of the following and more, prepared by experienced teachers and curriculum designers:
- Formative and summative assessments
- Teacher summaries
- Artifact examples
- Lab sheets
- Scoring checklists
- Lesson plans
- Teacher notes
- Student note packet templates
- Warm up and closing activities
- Slide shows
- Sub-ready teacher notes that describe each lesson in detail
Try Yeti Academy’s Online Curriculum Tools Today
Yeti Academy is an online, easy-to-use STEM curriculum tool for K-12 schools and districts. Our interactive courses cover life sciences, coding, digital citizenship, Google Workspace, computational thinking, keyboarding, and more.
Each Yeti Academy course includes all the teacher resources you need. We offer built-in lesson plans, slide shows, activities, tests, and so much more — all prepared by experienced teachers and curriculum designers.
Ready to learn more? Try Yeti Academy for free today!